Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Diagnostic Essay Draft #1



An Intelligent, dependable, handsome young adult with many goals and all the potential in the world striving to become a man in such a corrupt society.  This statement is what I consider the definition of myself. Many young adults at my age don't understand who they are as a person, not knowing who I am is an understatement for me. Every morning when I look into the mirror I see confidence, boldness, someone who isn't afraid to be himself. However, it's ironic that the young man I see in the mirror today, I did not even knew existed just a few years ago. It is remarkable how life is changing every second of the day . One moment you are at the highest point; touching the heavens in a fantasy world that you never dreamed existed. Then, all in a quick second you drop faster than lightning from the heavens above. Then your at the lowest depths of the earth dumped into the deepest darkest places you had ever been in your life.  You are falling rapidly with no control, arms flailing all around in every direction, uncertain of the landing place called your final destination. After the end of this fall you have just witness almost every emotion possible. Yet, you set yourself up for another fall because you want to live through it all again. My day to day challenges, and life experiences have directed me into the choices I have made; furthermore, defining the person I am today.

In my life I have been blessed to have such a big loving family.  I have two very supporting parents, and an exceedingly loving sister. Although, my parents play a large role in my life, I would have to say my friends play an immensely larger  role. My parents have always taught me to select positive influences as friends.  I may have never picked the best choices of friends, but one thing I have constantly done is not only learn from my mistakes but from others as well.  I have many old friends from when I was a kid who have ended up in jail, or just as a lazy bum who only call me just to ask for a ride or for money.  On the other hand, I also have friends who attend Harvard  University and friends who own successful businesses. One thing I can truly say is I have always had a good head on my shoulder. The moral of  what was right from wrong was instilled into my head. I learned that moral through not only from my friends and myself from making mistakes, but also from my parents.  My parents are both religious people.  I was always as raised in a stretched christian home, however; my parents and I clashed over our viewpoints.  For example, my parents don't believe in the practice of homosexuality.  Even though I am not a homosexual, we infinitely get into fights about this one subject. I have learned to never judged people for who they are, and except them for the person they are.   

Someone who I consider a great of an ethological appeal is the actor and singer Corbin Bleu. Bleu is a smart, unique young individual with amazing acting and dancing skills. Yet Bleu is constantly critiqued by the media. One thing I admire about Bleu is that he isn't afraid to be himself.  When Bleu was a kid he took ballet and salsa dance lesson and he was always made fun of for it.  Bleu has taught me that it is acceptable to be yourself and not to worry about what others might think about you.  Another ethological appeal in my life who I hold in high esteem is my older cousin Kim. When we where younger, Kim and I would constantly get into disputes among each other. We hated each other, little did she know the reason why I would always pick fights with her is because I always though she was Super Women.  Just like my other role model Corbin Bleu,  she too never cared what others though of her. Another reason why I looked up to her to in such high respect is because she is an independent women capable of taking care of herself and her life no matter what problems are thrust upon her.  When she was in college she had to work a full time job as a store manager and attend school full time.  While doing all this she still manage a B average throughout it all; thus, to me that showing the true meaning of maturity and discipline.  

When I was in the fifth grade my pathos began in my life. Had gained about twenty pounds, and it imparted a gargantuan toll upon my self-esteem.  I was continuously joked by the other kids, but what was ironic about me  being joked was I never saw myself as being "fat."  It was not until I was in the seventh grade I began to notice the ample weight I had gained.  Still it used to hurt me when people would always make jokes about myself being overweight. I will never forget the time my best friend blessed me with the nickname of "Babyfat" and told practically everyone we knew to call me that from now on.  I never told him how many times I had cried over it, it truly did hurt my feelings a lot. After doing a little self reflection, I had the opportunity to realize that I had the ability to make the change in my weight size.  I had discovered a fitness workout program called Turbokick which literally changed my life.  It gave me the self confidence I see and have in myself, and it gave me the guidance and strength to help others who where struggling with their weight issues.

My life experiences have made logical sense to me in many different ways.  For example, when my parents fought against my viewpoints at first I couldn't comprehend why they couldn't see in my perspective.  Over the years I have had a better understanding of the differentials of peoples' persuasion. I have learn that not everyone is going to have the same attitude or similar judgement as you.  Even though we are humans and of the same species we are all unlikely different such as snowflakes. Each snowflake has its own appearance but consist of the same elements.  In addition to my first logical statement, Bleu has helped me realize  to do what "I" think is best for me and to not care about the opinions of other people. Without me losing weight I would not be the determined, motivated fitness instructor I am today . The decision I have chosen have guided me into a path in which logically make sense to me.  I have shared ethos, pathos, and logos through my life experiences. I know for a fact who I am as an individual, yet I am still learning more about myself each and every day, and through every choice I make whether the out come is positive or negative.  I can ride down memory lane, set myself up for yet another fall just to live through it all again.     

                 


No comments: